Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Marcy/Ron: The Old People


Today we meet our token old couple. Marcy is 60 and Ron is 59. They met a year ago at an online dating site and think that age is no factor in being sexy and energetic. As most of my readers seem to be in this age bracket... aren't Marcy and Ron an inspiration?! Ugh... ok that was so not easy to type. Look, my mother is about Marcy's age and I make fun of her all the time. It's in my nature. She knows I do it with love and in about 25 years I'm sure some young chippies will be mocking me too, but until then I'll probably be heavy handed with the Centrum Silver and Metamucil jokes. You all have fair warning.

Wait a tic... how about that? Marcy is a photographer. It appears as if she's pretty successful in the advertising market and I absolutely have nothing bad to say about that. I'm also kind of digging the fact that she takes flying trapeze classes. I've always wanted to do that. I even tried to look it up online once, but couldn't find anything. How great would it be to swing upside down on a trapeze like Pink did at the VMA's complete with a pink heart over one booby? Marcy also speaks several languages and is the more impulsive of this duo.

Ron, on the other hand, is a day trader/math tutor. That's an odd combination, isn't it? Anyhow, Ron is the calm one. He's pragmatic and he likes to take his time when making a decision. That could be really annoying in the Amazing Race. Slow thinking usually gets you shouted at by your partner. For the record, I'd be a nightmare on the Amazing Race I'm sure. A lovely nightmare mind you, but a nightmare nonetheless. All the racing and rushing and frantic freaking out gives me crazy anxiety and makes my heart pound. I'm not calm by any stretch of the imagination, but that go go go rush rush rush mentality drives me crazy. Mr. O'Shaugnessy is at the pharmacy right now securing my vat of Xanax for the upcoming season. He never puts my seat back after he drives my car so I'm sure he'll be getting a beating later tonight.

Enough about me, let's watch the video...

I must have the wrong video because this looks like an eharmoney ad. Marcy's affection for arty long hair guys makes me like her even more and the fact that she called her psychic cracks me up. That is so something my mom would do. You know what? I kind of like them. I wouldn't mind it if these two made it far. What do you guys think?


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am getting close to the age of these crazy kids...I think I might actually like them. Usually old people get on my last nerve, especially when they don't act their age!! I think I might have enjoyed them on Big Brother. Wouldn't that have been a hoot?! Picture it..old folks hooking up, going all "Chima", taking LOTS of naps, making tasty meals of slop & Geritol.... Ah, I feel tingly.
    BTW, LOVE your Facebook page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Love Marcy I think she is/will be exceedingly interesting. Ron seems like a very kind man but he is like watching paint dry. He is a fucking bore at any age.

    I would be interested to know how extensively Ron has traveled abroad because that would be an invaluable skill set & may be his redeeming contribution.

    ReplyDelete