Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gary/Matt: Father & Son


Today we meet the father and son team of Gary and Matt. Not all has been sunshine and roses between these two. Gary wants Matt to open up and confide in him and Matt wants Gary to shut up and listen to him already. Apparently, The Amazing Race is a perfect venue to make this family therapy session happen. They think that racing around the world in one of the most tense games known to man is a great way to bond and spend quality time together. Ha! I see constant bickering in this duos future.

Gary likes Classic Rock while Matt prefers Metal. CBS.com seems to think this makes them as different as day and night. I disagree. Classic Rock is essentially the Metal of yesteryear, right? Hmmm what else? Gary likes to hunt and Matt likes to play video games. OK, I'll give CBS that one. That's a pretty drastic difference. Although if Matt likes to kill people in his video games an argument could be made for a similarity in a penchant for violence. If I cared, I could explore that further, but I don't so I won't.

Gary fancies himself to be direct, decisive, and competitive while Matt is more the free-loving creative peacemaker. I wonder if one's a Republican and the other is a Democrat...

OK enough yapping, let's check out their video...

Wow. On paper these two suck, but on the video they're not so bad. The dad is much cooler than I thought he would be. He's not the stern taskmaster I had envisioned. One thing's for sure though... these two will definitely have some stellar disagreements. They're already talking over one another and trying to supercede the other. Nice!

Please to enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment